Three Hurt, Infant Rescued from Window in Fire | News
A fire official says an infant was safely dropped from a window to people below while three other family members were hurt and a pet dog died in a blaze that gutted a second-floor apartment in Las Vegas.
Fire spokesman Tim Szymanski says an 11-year-old girl and a 1-year-old boy were hospitalized for treatment of burns after the girl grabbed her brother and ran through flames to escape the fire a little after 3 p.m. Monday near Eastern and Stewart avenues.
Their mother injured an ankle jumping from a window after dropping the 1-month-old boy to rescuers. The father also jumped, but was unhurt. An 8-year-old boy was walking home from school at the time.
Officials say the fire started in a storage room. Damage is estimated at $50,000.
(Copyright 2012 Associated Press)