A new traffic signal will be turned on after the morning rush hour Tuesday, Nov. 4. The signal light at Stewart Avenue and Third Street is one of several lights that will be turned on in a multi-light project across the Las Vegas valley.
The project is designed to improve pedestrian and traffic safety across the city.
The other traffic lights going in include:
- Alexander Road and Torrey Pines Drive
- Alexander and Cimarron Road
- Bonanza Road and Page Street
- Sky Point Drive and Cimarron
- Ann Road and Cimarron
- Centennial Parkway and Grand Montecito Parkway
- Ann Road and Torrey Pines
- Washington Avenue and Sandhill Road
- Owens Avenue and Lamb Boulevard (reconstruction)
Money for the project was provided in part by the fuel revenue indexing tax which increased the fuel tax in Clark County and funneled that money into projects to improve roadways and traffic safety.